Due to the coronavirus pandemic we've had to make some changes. For the most up to date information about training and memberships please get in touch with us through our social media accounts.
The University of Portsmouth Tennis Club benefits from a partnership with the Portsmouth Tennis Academy. This allows the club to have access to excellent facilities and qualified tennis coaches. We welcome players of all abilities with options to play in the BUCS leagues, develop as a player with tennis lessons, or participate in recreational sessions.
If you are interested in joining our sports club, you will need to register your interest. Some of our clubs have membership caps, and we want to get as many of you involved in our club as possible. We can then get in touch when more club spaces are available or let you know other ways you can be part of Team UOP.
Please be aware you will need to be selected for a BUCS squad to purchase a Compete membership.
Before your session
- If you are displaying any signs or symptoms please do not attend your session. Ensure you follow government guidelines.
- Download our UOP Sport App
- Book on to your session via the App
- If your sessions are held at Langstone, you can find the University Sports Bus Timetable HERE.
When you arrive
- Arrive in the appropriate kit for your session (changing/shower facilities are unavailable)
- Bring water (water drinking facilities are unavailable)
- Please ensure you wear a face mask until your sessions begins
- Sanitise your hands upon entering the facilities
- Scan the QR code and enter your details for the NHS track and trace
- Show your booking to the session leader
During your session
- Sanitise your hands regularly throughout the session
- Clean equipment
- Ensure you play in your assigned 'bubbles'
- Maintain social distancing where possible
After your session
- Wear your face covering as soon as your session ends
- Ensure any kit you have used is wiped down thoroughly and returned to its original place
- Sanitise your hands when leaving the facilities