Ravelin Sports Centre Gym Memberships
Great value, flexible memberships to keep you active and healthy. Gym use, fitness classes, swimming, climbing and loads more - get started today
We get that everyone has different health and fitness goals, which is why we offer flexible, short-term memberships here at Ravelin Sports Centre.
If you are looking for the perfect gym membership, we can provide you with just that and so much more. Take a dip in the pool, set yourself a challenge with our climbing wall, enjoy the social side of working out with over 100 group fitness classes per week and a whole range of other activities. Whatever your interests, we’ve got you covered.
Ravelin Sports Centre memberships
All activities included:
- Swim (incl. Steam and Sauna)
- Fitness classes
- Aqua classes
- Discount on courses and bookings
- BUCS Universal - access over 100 gyms nationwide (for Student and Staff members)
- Designated under 16 swimmer included
- 10% Discount on Swim Academy lessons
- 90 mins free parking (for Associate and Public members only)
Our best value membership covering all of our main activities.
If you would like to view the prices of each of the memberships before making your decision, you can find them by selecting the relevant membership category below.
Who can join?
Everyone is welcome at Ravelin Sports Centre, so if you're a student or former student, member of staff at the University, a member of the Portsmouth community, or even if you're just visiting Portsmouth, anyone can join. You can find all of the memberships we offer below.
- No joining fee
- Flexibility - You can tailor your membership to suit you.
- No long term contract - You can change, freeze or cancel your membership at any time.
- High-quality equipment - State of the art gym equipment provided by Technogym.
- Les Mills classes - We bring you virtual and in person classes from the global leader in group exercise, delivered by world-class trainers.
- UOP Fitness App - Allows you to track your progress and provides you with a completely personalised training experience.
- SWIMTAG - Access to our SWIMTAG wristbands will allow you to break down your swimming performance and identify positives and areas for improvement.
- Health and Fitness team - Our dedicated team will support you and your training goals, offering advice and guidance specific to you.
- Long opening hours - We are open from 6.30am to 10.30pm on weekdays and 7.00am to 9.00pm on weekends. Giving you plenty of time to fit in your workouts.
We now provide our members with access to more facilities than ever before, so regardless of your interests, or if you're looking to try something new, our facilities can cater to you.
Our gym membership will give you access to a 175-station gym, powered by Technogym, the leaders in innovation, technology and digital connected fitness. With our Technogym equipment, you can track your progress, compete against other members and really analyse your performance.
We also offer gym floor classes, ideal for giving you inspiration for your workouts and ensuring your form is correct.
With views of the surrounding parkland, our 25-metre eight-lane swimming pool creates the feeling of open-air swimming in the park. Our pool can be used for casual swimming, training and we offer both adult and children's swimming lessons.
You can relax your muscles after your swim thanks to our sauna and steam room, situated right next to the pool area.
Looking to take on a challenge? Our 10-metre wide auto-belay climbing wall goes from basement to roof, spanning a height of 10.85 metres. We also have 120 square metres of bouldering.
With difficulty ranging from F5a - F7a on the lead wall and VB - V7 in the bouldering tunnel, there’s something for everyone.
Our 3 studios facilitate over 100 fitness classes per week including the globally renowned Les Mills in-person and virtual classes.
If you feel uncomfortable exercising alone, or you thrive off motivation from others, fitness classes could be your perfect way to workout.
Get your heart racing and whole body working with an incredibly fast-paced and highly enjoyable racket sport.
Ravelin Sports Centre includes 2 squash courts standing side by side and separated by a movable wall to allow for doubles.
Our double sports hall can accommodate a whole range of sports from badminton, table tennis, basketball, football/futsal, volleyball to netball.
Whatever the weather, our sports hall allows you to play your favourite sports with your friends or teammates, all year round.
Situated on Langstone Harbour, our outdoor sports site includes FIFA accredited 3G pitches, FIH accredited astroturf, netball courts, tennis courts and 5-11 a-side grass pitches.
If you are looking to play football, hockey, netball, tennis or rugby, our outdoor sports site offers the perfect place for your training or matches. We offer both block bookings and one off bookings.
Take a look for yourself
Walk around almost every inch of Ravelin Sports Centre through our virtual tour without even moving a muscle - save that for your first workout.
Finding us and opening times
Ravelin Sports Centre
Monday-Friday, 6.30am - 10.30pm; Saturday-Sunday and bank holidays, 7.00am - 9.00pm
Closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
Langstone Sports Site
Core opening times
Monday-Friday, 9.00am - 10.00pm; Saturday-Sunday, 9.00am - 6.00 pm
Non-core opening times
Monday-Friday, 9.00am - 9.00pm; Saturday-Sunday, 9.00am - 1.30pm
Closed: All bank holidays and the university Christmas shutdown (Friday 23 December 2022 - Monday 7 January 2023)