Joining and memberships
We get that everyone has different needs, likes and goals, which is why we offer flexible short-term memberships here at Ravelin Sports Centre.
If you are looking for the perfect gym membership, we can provide you with just that and so much more. Take a dip in the pool, set yourself a challenge with our climbing wall, enjoy the social side of working out with over 100 fitness classes per week and a whole range of other activities. Whatever your interests, we’ve got you covered.
Ravelin Sports Centre memberships
If you would like to view the prices of each of the memberships before making your decision, you can find them by selecting the relevant option below.
Who can join?
Everyone is welcome at Ravelin Sports Centre, so if you're a student or former student, member of staff at the University, a member of the Portsmouth community, or even if you're just visiting Portsmouth, anyone can join. You can find all of the memberships we offer below.
For University of Portsmouth, International College Portsmouth, Language School International, Portsmouth Language School and Spinnaker College students
For University of Portsmouth staff, UPAT staff, ICP staff and Innovation Connect members
Memberships for University of Portsmouth graduates, students from other universities and the families of students and staff, retired staff and over 65s
As well as the options listed above, we also offer corporate memberships, perfect for you if you are looking to promote positive physical and mental health amongst your staff.
We now provide our members with access to more facilities than ever before, so regardless of your interests, or if you're looking to try something new, our facilities can cater to you.
- No joining fee
- Flexibility - You can tailor your membership to suit you.
- No long term contract - You can change, freeze or cancel your membership at any time.
- High-quality equipment - State of the art gym equipment provided by Technogym.
- Les Mills classes - We bring you virtual and in person classes from the global leader in group exercise, delivered by world-class trainers.
- UOP Fitness App - Allows you to track your progress and provides you with a completely personalised training experience.
- SWIMTAG - Access to our SWIMTAG wristbands will allow you to break down your swimming performance and identify positives and areas for improvement.
- Health and Fitness team - Our dedicated team will support you and your training goals, offering advice and guidance specific to you.
- Long opening hours - We are open from 6.30am to 10.30pm on weekdays and 7.00am to 9.00pm on weekends. Giving you plenty of time to fit in your workouts.
Finding us and opening times
Ravelin Sports Centre and St. Paul's Gym
Monday-Friday, 6.30am - 10.30pm; Saturday-Sunday and bank holidays, 7.00am - 9.00pm
Closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
Langstone Sports Site
Core opening times
Monday-Friday, 7.30am - 10.00pm; Saturday-Sunday, 8.30am - 6.00 pm
Non-core opening times
Monday-Friday, 7.30am - 9.00pm; Saturday-Sunday, 8.30am - 1.30pm
Closed: All bank holidays and the university Christmas shut down (Friday 23 December 2022 - Monday 2 January 2023)
175 station gym FEATURING TOP OF THE LINE TECHNOGYM EQUIPMENT
SWIMMING POOL TAKE A QUICK DIP, LEARN TO SWIM OR IMPROVE FITNESS
lES mILLS classes GET ACCESS TO OVER 100 FITNESS CLASSES A WEEK
CLIMBING WALL REACH NEW HEIGHTS AND TAKE ON A CHALLENGE