For semester one we are offering training only sports club memberships. This membership will allow you to access weekly training sessions with your chosen sports club (please note that capacities apply).
You will need to check directly with the club or team captain which sessions you can access.
Your membership will also provide you with the relevant affiliations and insurance (link to insurance).
6 month training membership £10/month (payable by direct debit)
We have a fleet of six Fireflies that we sail from Old Portsmouth for weekly team training and social sailing. Beginners can take advantage of free tuition from our experienced instructors. Simply pay the club membership fee for the year, and then safety boat fuel costs whenever you decide to go out on the water.
More experienced sailors can enjoy intermediate social sessions, take part in the annual frostbite series, try out for our dinghy team or take advantage of our discount at the Andrew Simpson Watersports Centre.
Our dinghy team regularly attends events all over the country, including the BUSA Fleet racing nationals and the BUSA team racing qualifiers where we have often qualified for the national BUSA team racing finals.
If you’d rather sail something a bit bigger we charter Sunsail’s new F40 yachts and regularly sail all over the Solent. Every year we also go on our “Summer Sail Week” and sail chartered Sunsail yachts in the Mediterranean. It’s a great way to travel a bit with like minded people during the summer.
For Yacht Team racing we enter BUSA Yacht Nationals, which we host every year.
Before your session
- If you are displaying any signs or symptoms please do not attend your session. Ensure you follow government guidelines.
- Download our UOP Sport App
- Book on to your session via the App
- If your sessions are held at Langstone, you can find the University Sports Bus Timetable HERE.
When you arrive
- Arrive in the appropriate kit for your session (changing/shower facilities are unavailable)
- Bring water (water drinking facilities are unavailable)
- Please ensure you wear a face mask until your sessions begins
- Sanitise your hands upon entering the facilities
- Scan the QR code and enter your details for the NHS track and trace
- Show your booking to the session leader
During your session
- Sanitise your hands regularly throughout the session
- Clean equipment
- Ensure you play in your assigned 'bubbles'
- Maintain social distancing where possible
After your session
- Wear your face covering as soon as your session ends
- Ensure any kit you have used is wiped down thoroughly and returned to its original place
- Sanitise your hands when leaving the facilities