Taekwondo and Karate Club
Typically our martial arts forms do not mix although there are similarities but we've joined forces, because we're stronger together. For those new to martial arts Taekwondo is typically characterised by high kicks, spinning kicks and point scoring kicks above waist height. It's been an Olympic sport since 2000 and has gone from strength to strength. Karate has similarities in that it uses kicks, but also includes knee strikes, punching and elbow strikes to earn points. Karate was due to make it's debut as an Olympic sport in 2020, but will have to wait.
Although you may think we're all about kicking and punching, we're a friendly club, dedicated and focussed and the perfect club to learn a new skill or take your training to the next level. We do however, like kicking and punching too we just do it in a friendly, inclusive welcoming way.
For semester one we are offering training only sports club memberships. This membership will allow you to access weekly training sessions with your chosen sports club (please note that capacities apply).
You will need to check directly with the club or team captain which sessions you can access.
Your membership will also provide you with the relevant affiliations and insurance (link to insurance).
6 month training membership £10/month (payable by direct debit)
Before your session
- If you are displaying any signs or symptoms please do not attend your session. Ensure you follow government guidelines.
- Download our UOP Sport App
- Book on to your session via the App
- If your sessions are held at Langstone, you can find the University Sports Bus Timetable HERE.
When you arrive
- Arrive in the appropriate kit for your session (changing/shower facilities are unavailable)
- Bring water (water drinking facilities are unavailable)
- Please ensure you wear a face mask until your sessions begins
- Sanitise your hands upon entering the facilities
- Scan the QR code and enter your details for the NHS track and trace
- Show your booking to the session leader
During your session
- Sanitise your hands regularly throughout the session
- Clean equipment
- Ensure you play in your assigned 'bubbles'
- Maintain social distancing where possible
After your session
- Wear your face covering as soon as your session ends
- Ensure any kit you have used is wiped down thoroughly and returned to its original place
- Sanitise your hands when leaving the facilities