The University of Portsmouth Swimming Club is one of the biggest sports clubs at the university offering both social and competitive sides. As well as multiple swimming sessions throughout the week we host socials, charity events and other activities.
If you want to be a part of one of the biggest clubs at the University of Portsmouth to make sure you have the best experience, come and join the swim team.
Club membership - 22/23
Club memberships for the 22/23 academic year will be available to join later this summer. Below you can see the training sessions and fixtures that we held in 21/22, which will be updated when we have the schedule for 22/23.
Want to know more about our club and our sport? Drop us a message on our social media (listed at the top of this page). We look forward to meeting you.
Swimmers for the Performance and competitive training groups must meet certain criteria to be eligible to train in these groups. These sessions will run until December 2021.
Compete - training session with Portsmouth and Northsea Swimming Club masters non-performance group.
- Monday 7.30pm-9.00pm: Competitive session - Mountbatten Centre
- Wednesday 7.00am-8.00am: Competitive session - Mountbatten Centre
- Friday 7.00am-8.00am: Competitive session - Mountbatten Centre
Performance - training session with Portsmouth and Northsea Swimming Club masters performance group.
- Monday 7.30pm-9.00pm: Performance session - Mountbatten Centre
- Wednesday 7.00pm-9.00pm: Performance session - Mountbatten Centre
- Friday 8.00pm-9.00pm: Performance session - Mountbatten Centre
- Sunday 7.00am-9.00am: Performance session - Mountbatten Centre
Weekend competitions will take place throughout the course of the year at various locations.
Memberships to join our club for the 22/23 year will be open later this summer. Drop us a message on our social media channels, listed at the top of this page, if you have any questions before then.
Play membershipAre you keen to join but don’t want to commit to a whole year? Our Play membership is the perfect option. Come along to our social play sessions, make new friends and start your life in our club in a less competitive environment. This session is designed for Play members and those wanting to improve their skills, some full members may attend for fun or to get some extra practise.
Our Play membership is only £30 and will cover you for our social sessions for a semester.
- Wednesday 2.00pm-3.00pm: Swim Play session - Mountbatten Centre