Welcome to UOP Sport 2022
Explore all your options for sport, health and fitness during your time at University
Congratulations on joining us.
We're excited to welcome you to our university. You'll find everything you need here to get involved in competitive teams and casual sport, find out more about health and fitness through our brand new sports centre, and prepare yourself for the year ahead.
Already itching to get involved in sport, work out, and make friends with like-minded people?
Ravelin Sports Centre
Play, train and compete in our brand new, world-class facility. Be inspired to reach your potential and achieve your best in one of the UK’s greenest sports centres. Check out your great value membership options, starting from £15 per month.
The centre is brand new and has opened this year. Here are some of the key features:
- Unlimited gym use - 175 station gym powered by Technogym
- 25-metre 8 lane swimming pool
- Over 100 classes per week - In person and virtual classes including world renowned Les Mills
- Climbing and bouldering - 10 metre wide auto-belay wall and bouldering area, perfect for beginners and experienced climbers alike
- Squash - Two squash courts separated by a movable wall
- Double Sports Hall - for Badminton, Volleyball, Netball, Futsal and more
We can't wait to see you there. Come in any time to meet the team and have a look around the facilities.
Give Me Sport Weekend
Try out our 35 sports clubs at Give Me Sport Weekend, 23 - 25 September. You can try out as many as you like, with no previous experience needed and no commitment to sign up straight away.
Which of our 35 sports clubs will you try first?
Start of term checklist
- Download the UOP Sport app – set up your account on our app, then you're sorted for booking sessions or buying memberships
- Memberships – check out the great value health and fitness memberships, including our gym and pool, for the brand new Ravelin Sports Centre
- UOP Sport on Instagram – follow us on social media to stay up to date with all things UOP sport
- Give Me Sport – take part in Give Me Sport weekend to try out our 35 student sports clubs
- Sports Fayre – come to Sports Fayre to meet our 35 clubs, find out about joining, and explore our fantastic new Sports Centre
- Freshers' Fayre – come to Freshers' Fayre to meet our clubs and find out more about our great value health and fitness membership
More sports opportunities
At the University of Portsmouth, there are loads of ways to get involved in sport, so regardless of your ability or previous experience, you can get involved!
Our Performance Clubs are some of our top-performing teams at the competitive level. These clubs benefit from extra coaching, Strength and Conditioning support, Performance Analysis, and more.
Joining and memberships
You can sign up for a membership today.
With 35 competitive sports clubs at your disposal, the choice really is yours.
Have fun, make friends, try something new or play the sports you know and love with zero commitment.
Start your fitness journey today, get active and have fun at the brand new, state of the at Ravelin Sports Centre.