Give Me Sport
Start your health and fitness journey here.
If you're keen to get involved in sport, you're in the right place. Through Give Me Sport weekend (23 - 25 September), you can try out taster sessions for our 35 competitive sports clubs, use our brand new 175-station gym, and take part in instructor led group fitness classes.
How does Give Me Sport work?
Give Me Sport is your chance to try out all things sport at The University of Portsmouth, across 23 - 25 September (part of your first week of uni).
Pick up an entry T-shirt for £10 to get access to three full days of:
- Trials and tasters for 35 UOP Sport Clubs
- Group fitness classes with our instructor team
- Gym access in our brand new sports centre
- Physical activity group sessions
Plus your limited edition 2022 Give Me Sport T-Shirt!
Purchase your ticket today to start your health and fitness journey.
Join our Welcome Facebook Groups to meet your future team-mates ahead of Give Me Sport Weekend.
Our competitive sports clubs
Come and try our 35 sports clubs! You have three days to try as many as you like, with no previous experience needed and no commitment to sign up straight away. All of the UOP Sport clubs compete against other universities in regular competitions and leagues.
Sport club sessions for Give Me Sport will be bookable through the UOP Sport app from 20 September.
Our clubs include;
Which of our 35 sports clubs will you try first? Buy your Give Me Sport ticket and then book into sessions from 20 September.
Get fit and healthy with other students in our fun fitness classes. With our team of fitness instructors, you can try out over 50 fitness classes across Give Me Sport weekend.
Our wide range of classes includes:
- Cardiovascular classes such as cycling and zumba
- Mind and body classes like pilates and yoga
- Strength and conditioning classes with weights and equipment
- LES MILLS™ classes
View and book the full list of Give Me Sport classes through the UOP Sport app from 20 September.
Our brand new Gym
Our new gym is equipped with top of the line Technogym stations. Discover how you can push yourself to your personal best with the best gym services and facilities.
Gym services (for full members) include:
- Group inductions, to show you the basics of the gym and how to use equipment safely
- Discover sessions, where you can discover the functionality of the SKILL line (cardio) kit
- Bespoke training plans and personal training (fees apply)
Book into a Give Me Sport gym session through the UOP Sport app from 20 September.
Ravelin Sports Centre
The Give Me Sport indoor sport sessions and fitness classes will be in Ravelin Sports Centre, the University's brand new sports facility.
Through Give Me Sport, you can try before you buy! Check out your great value membership options, starting from £15 per month.
The centre is brand new and has opened this year. Here are some of the key features:
- Unlimited gym use - 175 station gym powered by Technogym
- 25-metre 8 lane swimming pool
- Over 100 classes per week - In person and virtual classes including world renowned Les Mills
- Climbing and bouldering - 10 metre wide auto-belay wall and bouldering area, perfect for beginners and experienced climbers alike
- Squash - Two squash courts separated by a movable wall
- Double Sports Hall - for Badminton, Volleyball, Netball, Futsal and more
We can't wait to see you there. Come in any time to meet the team and have a look around the facilities.
Recorded during the final stages of the building process, this fly-through tour gives you a glimpse of the facilities within Ravelin Sports Centre.
Extra sports activities
The Students' Union is home to more than 100 student groups, including some sport and physical activities. You can give these a go as part of Give Me Sport as well!
The Union's physical activity groups include:
- Kickboxing & MMA
- and more
View the Students' Union website for more information about the physical activity groups.