Ravelin Sports Centre is opening in October 2022 with early access for students and current members
- 10 metre wide auto-belay wall up to 10.85 metres high, with an overhang up to 2.9m
- Approximately 120 square metres of bouldering up to a height of 4 metres
- 8 auto-belays with two routes each
- Difficulties ranging from F5a - F7a on the Lead Wall
- Difficulties ranging from VB (Beginner) - V7 in the bouldering tunnel
Check out a preview of our climbing wall and bouldering area in Ravelin Sports Centre.
How to access our climbing wall
The Climb option is included in our Ultimate membership and is also an option within our Core Plus membership.
With Climb as part of Core Plus or Ultimate, simply book into sessions on the app. You can also pay as you go outside of memberships.
Who can access our climbing wall
The minimum age for a climber using our climbing wall is 7 and anyone under the age of 18 will need to be supervised by an adult who is deemed competent at climbing, unless they have been registered and assessed by our climbing instructors to engage in unsupervised climbing. You can find our more information in our rules and regulations.
Booking your sessions
When it comes to booking your sessions, you will have the option to choose between adult novice sessions and junior novice sessions.
All sessions will be supervised by one of our climbing instructors, who will be there to offer advice and guidance.
- Harness hire is included for any climbing session.
- Climbing shoes are available to hire for £2 per session (£3 for non-members), or you can bring your own climbing shoes.
Chalk bags (£8) and chalk (£3) are available for purchase from reception.
|Climbing||Full member*||Member||PAYG fee|
|Adult novice session - 45 minutes||Free||£6.25||£9.50|
|Junior novice session - 45 minutes||N/A||N/A||£5.25|
|Equipment hire - per item||N/A||£2.25||£3|
*Any member that has selected climbing as an activity within their membership package.