Ravelin Sports Centre will open soon.
- 10 metre wide auto-belay wall up to 10.85 metres high, with an overhang up to 2.9m
- Approximately 120 square metres of bouldering up to a height of 4 metres
- 8 auto-belays with two routes each
- Difficulties ranging from F5a - F7a on the Lead Wall
- Difficulties ranging from VB (Beginner) - V7 in the bouldering tunnel
Check out a preview of our climbing wall and bouldering area in Ravelin Sports Centre.
How to access our climbing wall
The Climb option is included in our Ultimate membership and is also an option within our Super membership.
With Climb as part of Super or Ultimate, simply book into sessions on the app. You can also pay as you go outside of memberships.
Who can access our climbing wall
The minimum age for a climber using our climbing wall is 7 and anyone under the age of 18 will need to be supervised by an adult who is deemed competent at climbing, unless they have been registered and assessed by our climbing instructors to engage in unsupervised climbing. You can find our more information in our rules and regulations.
Types of sessions
When it comes to booking your sessions, you will have the option to choose between competent and novice sessions.
- Novice sessions - If you are inexperienced when it comes to climbing, you will need to book onto novice sessions, you can attend as many of these sessions as you require. Once you have gained experience on the wall and feel comfortable, you can then book onto competent sessions.
- Competent sessions - If you are an experienced climber, you can book onto a competent session. Your competency will be assessed on your first session. Once you have demonstrated your competency, you will be able to attend any competent sessions in the future.
If you are deemed a competent climber and are visiting with someone who is inexperienced or under the age of 18, you will also be able to sign a supervisor waiver, which will specify that you are able to supervise and be responsible for the person accompanying you to your competent session.
Prices are displayed below.
- Harness hire is included for any climbing session.
- Climbing shoes are available to hire for £2 per session (£3 for non-members), or you can bring your own climbing shoes.
Chalk bags (£8) and chalk (£3) are available for purchase from reception.
|Climbing||Full member*||Member||PAYG fee|
|Adult competent/novice session - 45 minutes||Free||£6||£9|
|Junior competent/novice session - 45 minutes||N/A||N/A||£5|
|Equipment hire - per item||N/A||£2||£3|
*Any member that has selected climbing as an activity within their membership package.