The University of Portsmouth Softball Club is a friendly, social and welcoming club. The club was founded in 1998 and since then we've welcomed players from all skill groups and abilities and made friends for life. With both recreational and competitive opportunities available all year round, there is always a place in the team for you.
Softball is a fast paced, exciting game similar to baseball, but played with a bigger ball. It makes it easier to knock it out of the park. If you want fun and to learn a new sport, we’re the club for you.
For semester one we are offering training only sports club memberships. This membership will allow you to access weekly training sessions with your chosen sports club (please note that capacities apply).
You will need to check directly with the club or team captain which sessions you can access.
Your membership will also provide you with the relevant affiliations and insurance (link to insurance).
6 month training membership £10/month (payable by direct debit)
Before your session
- If you are displaying any signs or symptoms please do not attend your session. Ensure you follow government guidelines.
- Download our UOP Sport App
- Book on to your session via the App
- If your sessions are held at Langstone, you can find the University Sports Bus Timetable HERE.
When you arrive
- Arrive in the appropriate kit for your session (changing/shower facilities are unavailable)
- Bring water (water drinking facilities are unavailable)
- Please ensure you wear a face mask until your sessions begins
- Sanitise your hands upon entering the facilities
- Scan the QR code and enter your details for the NHS track and trace
- Show your booking to the session leader
During your session
- Sanitise your hands regularly throughout the session
- Clean equipment
- Ensure you play in your assigned 'bubbles'
- Maintain social distancing where possible
After your session
- Wear your face covering as soon as your session ends
- Ensure any kit you have used is wiped down thoroughly and returned to its original place
- Sanitise your hands when leaving the facilities