Our vision, mission and values
Working for UOP Sport
To deliver life changing experiences through sport and physical activity.
Our values underpin everything we do
- We pursue bold ideas in an environment where creativity, innovation and success is encouraged and celebrated
- We nurture and value relationships and partnerships that foster a global outlook
- We inspire and support staff and students to achieve their potential and meet the challenges of society
- We never settle for second best
- We work consultatively and collaboratively to benefit from new perspectives
- We share ideas and maintain transparency
- We are trustworthy and do what we say we will do
- We listen and respond to the needs of our students and staff
- We act with integrity for the greater good
- We insist on upholding the highest academic and professional standards
- We respect and celebrate diversity and equal opportunity through an inclusive culture
- We aim for sustainability across all our activities
Our aims are to encourage anyone who interacts with our services to Play, Train or Compete - simple in its approach, achievable by all. Throughout our activities and services customers will be encouraged to do all three; Play and have fun while exercising with friends, Train to improve that step routine or become a coach, Compete with your own PB in the gym. We’re looking to develop a community and build a sense of belonging and pride through sport, creating a culture of Portsmouth for life for our customers.
To deliver a broad range of inclusive and engaging participation activities with a focus on personal relationships.
To empower our university community to sustain regular sport and physical activity and personal development opportunities.
To create a series of opportunities for our university community to reach their potential and achieve their personal best.
To realise our ambitions we have set these objectives.
To support our ambitions, we have the following enablers.