Christmas opening times and UOP Gym
Christmas opening times
As the Christmas vacation period nears, it's important for you to know when we're open. We get that this can be frustrating especially if you're in the swing of your routine. Check out our alternative exercise options over Christmas and take a look below at our opening times, so you can navigate Christmas celebrations and stay active.
- Monday 16 – Friday 20 December: 7.30am – 9pm
- Saturday 21 – Sunday 22 December: 8.30am – 1.30pm (St. Paul’s Gym and Langstone Sports Site)
- Monday 23 December – 1 January: CLOSED
- Thursday 2 – Friday 3 January: 7.30am – 9pm
- Saturday 4 – Sunday 5 January: 8.30am – 1.30pm (St. Paul’s Gym and Langstone Sports Site)
- Monday 6 January onwards: Core opening hours (Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm; weekends, 8.30am-6pm)
Our UOP Gym app can help you keep on top of your fitness goals while away from the gym. With a database of over 2,500 exercise and pre-made workouts, the combinations are endless. Our 3-D animated personal trainer, who will show you how to perform each exercise, at home or in our gym.
You can also try our 12 DAYS OF FITMAS pre designed workout to keep you active over the festive period. With workouts around 30 minutes in duration, you can keep active, from your home, without spending your Christmas working out.
UOP Gym is available to all members, free of charge, as part of their membership. Access to this service would usually cost £4.99 per month if you were to subscribe yourself. Speak to a member of staff to activate your account, once activated you can download our mobile app.
Southsea parkrun will be running regularly throughout the festive period. The free timed 5km run is ideal to keep moving along with lots of other keen exercisers. This all-inclusive running environment is great for a social run, or used as a personal training run. Check out their website to register for your first run.
- Saturday 21 December – 9am start
- Wednesday 25 December – 9am start
- Saturday 28 December – 9am start
- Wednesday 1 January – 9am start
For more information on ways to stay active over the festive period, please speak to a member of the health and fitness team.