Need a healthy snack? These Granola energy bars that are packed with nutritional goodness
Let’s get our snack on, not the crisps and biscuits type, the healthier but equally as tasty snacks. Get these in your life and the best thing is you don’t even need to cook them.
- 180g Porridge oats
- 45g Pumpkin seeds
- 30g golden linseeds
- 60g puffed brown rice cereal
- 45g raw almonds
- 30g chia seeds
- 45g dried cranberries
- 30g goji berries
- 100g organic virgin coconut oil or butter
- 100g light brown sugar
- 150g honey 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75g dark chocolate (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180 ℃
- Spread the oats, pumpkin seeds and linseeds out on a baking tray. Toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Line a 20cm square tin with a baking sheet.
- Once the seeds are cool, place them in a large bowl along with the puffed rice cereal, almonds, chia seeds, dried cranberries and goji berries. Mix it all together.
- Place the coconut oil/butter, brown sugar and honey in a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to boil and let it bubble for 60 seconds. Remove from the heat, then add the cinnamon. Pour this all over the oat mixture.
- Once cool, stir in the chocolate.
- Spread the mixture evenly across the baking tray and pack it down well.
- Place the tray into the fridge set for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into slices and enjoy.