Student mental health support over Christmas
Whether you are going home for Christmas or staying in Portsmouth, Student Space is available 24/7 over the Christmas break for students. You can contact them about anything no matter how big or small your worry may be.
Are you still undecided as to whether you should return home or not: https://studentspace.org.uk/wellbeing/should-i-go-home-for-the-christmas-break
Are you unsure how to make the most of your time at home:
Are you staying in Portsmouth (University) during the Christmas break:
Maybe you just want to chat with someone:
Text support (24/7)
Phone support (3 pm to 12 am everyday - new extended availability)
Webchat support (4 pm to 11 pm every day)
Email support (24/7 - response within 24 hours)
If you want to stay active during the Christmas break follow our Facebook page: UOP Sport and Recreation. Although we may not be delivering classes live, we will be sharing our favourite fitness classes daily from the last 9 months. Staying active is a great way to make you feel good, reset your mindset and burn off those mince pies.
Wherever you are spending Christmas this year, we hope that you have a joyous time. Always remember you have the support and someone to turn to at all times.
If you need more personalised support the university wellbeing service offers support in a wide range of areas and the Students Union’s It’s ok not to be ok campaign has a range of resources available to you as well. Here are a list of university resources that are here to help you:
- Student Wellbeing Service providing support via Skype, email and phone. Email email@example.com to arrange an appointment. There are also Virtual Wellbeing Cafes held every Wednesday at 3pm GMT – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- WhatsUp is an app providing daily tools to promote positive mental health and connections and is available on Android and iOS.
- Chaplaincy can provide support, guidance and a friendly ear. Contact the Chaplains at email@example.com or +44 (0)23 9284 3030.
- The Residence Life team provide support in halls of residences and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)23 9284 3418.
- The Students' Union Advice Centre provide impartial and non-judgemental advice and can be contacted at email@example.com or +44 (0)23 9284 3478.