Students, get 12 days of access to Ravelin Sports Centre for just £12 this Christmas.
The countdown to the holiday season has begun, and many of us are looking forward to the well deserved break from studies or work to recharge ready for the new year. However, it can also be a lonely time for those who are unable to see friends or family. Whether you are an international student who’s not returning home over the holidays, or if you’re a home student planning to stay in Portsmouth for all or the majority of the Christmas break, we are offering a 12 Days of Christmas pass for all University of Portsmouth students.
Sport and exercise are one way of bringing people together, keeping busy, and contributing to physical and mental health, which is why we are hoping to open up our services to even more students this Christmas. For the first time, we will be open over Christmas, which provides us with the perfect opportunity to give our students something to do. We want Ravelin Sports Centre to provide you with a community and allow you to meet other students who are still in the city over the break.
The student 12 Days of Christmas pass provides you with 12 days of access to Ravelin Sports Centre for just £12. This pass includes:
- Gym access
- Fitness classes
- Social sport sessions
The pass is available from 19 December 2022 until 2 January 2023.
Social sport session schedule
All of our social sport sessions will be held at Ravelin Sports Centre, you can find the details below.
- 19th Dec - Badminton, Hall 1, 15:00-17:00
- 20th Dec - Futsal, Hall 1, 15:00-17:00
- 21st Dec - Table Tennis, Squash Courts, 10:00-12:00
- 22nd Dec - Basketball, Hall 1, 15:00-17:00
- 23rd Dec - Badminton, Hall 1, 15:00-17:00
- 24th Dec - Futsal, Hall 1, 15:00-17:00
- 27th Dec - Table Tennis, Squash Courts, 15:00-17:00
- 28th Dec - Basketball, Hall 1, 15:00-17:00
- 29th Dec - Badminton, Hall 1, 15:00-17:00
- 30th Dec - Futsal, Hall 1, 15:00-17:00
- 31st Dec - Table Tennis, Squash Courts, 14:00-16:00
- 2nd Jan - Basketball, Hall 1, 14:00-16:00
Ravelin Sports Centre Christmas opening times
The dates below will be affected by our Christmas opening hours, we will be open as usual on all other days.
- Saturday 17 December 7.00am-7.00pm
- Sunday 18 December 8.00am-9.00pm
- Monday 19 - Friday 23 December 6.30am-10.30pm
- Christmas Eve 07:00 - 17.00
- Christmas Day CLOSED
- Boxing Day CLOSED
- Tuesday 27 December (Bank Holiday hours) 07:00 - 21:00
- Wednesday 28 - Friday 30 December 6.30am-10.30pm
- New Years Eve 07:00 - 17.00
- New Years Day CLOSED
- Monday 2 January (Bank Holiday hours) 07:00 - 21:00
Whether you are looking to try something new, make friends or begin your fitness journey, our 12 Day Christmas Pass offers the ideal introduction to the Centre with no commitment.
You can purchase the 12 Day Christmas Pass online, or, if you’d prefer, you can come into Ravelin Sports Centre reception and purchase your pass there.
We hope to welcome you into our amazing new facility this Christmas!
Not a student, but still want to access us over the Christmas period?
Although the 12 days for £12 pass is specifically designed for students you can still access all of our services and activities over Christmas on a pay-as-you-go basis. Whether you're visiting family in Portsmouth this December, your go-to gym is closed or you want a change of scenery we're open throughout the Christmas period and available for you to use. Check out our pay-as-you-go prices for specific activities. You'll need to set up a pay-as-you-go account before you can book - but after that, you're good to go. Book through our UOP Sport mobile app or our online booking platform connect.