Sports assistant roles available
We're looking for people to join our team and our team of Sports Assistants. You'll help support our experienced team in the smooth running of operations across our three sites; St. Paul's Gym, Spinnaker Sports Centre and Langstone Sports Site.
The role of the Sports Assistant is to support our busy Operational Team by ensuring our sites are clean, safe and ready for our users and visitors as well as providing a first-class level of customer service. You'll often be the first point of contact and troubleshoot customer enquiries. You should be hardworking in nature, confident, approachable, and be able to take the initiative. You should have good availability throughout the week both am and pm as shifts will include early mornings, late evenings as well as weekend work.
Key duties include:
- Cleaning and maintenance of gym kit
- Completion of daily and weekly jobs
- Assisting Customer Service Assistants and Sports Instructors where necessary
- General housekeeping of reception areas
- Building checks and tidying of all weights and gym equipment
- Data input and filing
- Reception presence – signing in and out members, selling and issuing memberships, making bookings, providing information and promoting services, answering both internal/external calls, cash-handling
- Sports hall equipment changeovers
- Assisting in opening and closing down buildings
- Supporting Langstone staff with outdoor facilities
- Report to Sports Duty Supervisor
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role by Friday 28 February. Successful candidates will be required to attend an informal interview.
For further details about the role please view the job description.
£9 per hour
Great rate of pay to support your studies.
Zero hour contract
No obligation to take hours and no guarantee of hours each week. Great to fit alongside your studies.
20 week contract
Perfect to fit within the term so you can head home or travel, or the option to work in the summer if you’re staying in Portsmouth.