Our sports facilities are re-opening in line with government guidance and we can’t wait for you to get back to it. While we get back in gear, it’s important to play our part for each and every one of us.
St Paul's Gym
St. Paul’s Gym is open for bookings by members - check your emails for the link to book your workout session. Our fitness classes remain online - join the UoP Health and Fitness group on Facebook for the login link.
Langstone Sports Site
Langstone Sports Site is currently open for tennis, student sports clubs, schools, elite sport and NGB affiliated organised sport. Members - check your emails for the links to book a tennis session.
Spinnaker Sports Centre
Spinnaker Sports Centre remains to be used as a testing centre and therefore remains closed.
We plan to restart indoor sport from 17 May in line with government guidance.
How does this affect me?
Health and fitness memberships
All health and fitness memberships restarted for use on 21 April. Members on fixed term memberships such as our 1, 3, 6 and 12-month memberships have had the time we’ve been closed added to the end of your membership. If you’re a direct debit or staff deduction member we have emailed you highlighting your payment dates - you can use the facilities from 19 April regardless of payment dates.
Indoor and outdoor facilities
St Paul's Gym re-opened on 21 April - you’ll need to book your gym sessions in advance. Check your emails for details.
Spinnaker Sports Centre will be closed to support mass testing. All fitness classes will remain online.
Langstone Sports Site is open for tennis bookings by members, plus education, elite sport, student sports club activity and National Governing Body affiliated bookings only.
Sports club activity
Outdoor sporting activity has resumed for student sports clubs, please contact the relevant sports club for training details and how to get involved. For the most up to date information and activities please follow @UOPsport and @TeamUOP on Instagram and join our Team UOP Facebook group
FREE live classes, on-demand workouts and our back catalogue
Simply join our Health and Fitness group where Zoom class information can be found.
We have over 10 months worth of fitness classes in a range of areas - be sure to check them out on our Facebook page.
We have made some changes to St. Paul’s Gym in order to make them COVID safe and help provide confidence in using our facilities. We have introduced a one-way system, we ask all users to wear a face-covering upon entry when moving around corridors and between rooms and upon leaving the facilities.
- Please keep your face covering on until your workout starts.
- Make sure you arrive on time – late-comers won't be able to squeeze in if they miss the scheduled start time.
- Check in to the facility using the NHS COVID-19 App using the QR scanner and QR code posters placed in all facilities, you must do this on each visit.
- One-way systems have been introduced throughout our buildings to help you to maintain social distancing. Some routes may take longer to get to your destination, but you'll need to stick to them.
- We’ve placed sanitiser stations around the facilities, which you must use before entry to your gym session, fitness class or activity.
- Please clean equipment before and after each use. Cleaning stations will be located around the gym for you to use.
- We’re restricting the number of users in all gym and exercise areas to allow you to maintain social distancing. Each area will have its own capacity, and it's vital you respect the maximum occupancy numbers.
- There will be maximum ventilation in all areas of our facilities, through opening windows and air conditioning. Please don’t close windows or touch any of the air conditioning control panels.
- All gym sessions will be 50 minutes in length, but it's important we give everyone the chance to workout – so if we're particularly busy, we might make an announcement asking you to leave our facilities so the next person can step in.
- Fitness class times may vary to avoid a crossover of members, with a 15 minute gap between classes to allow for cleaning and members leaving.
- If applicable, please bring your own yoga/pilates mat and ensure it is cleaned regularly.
- Finally, please respect our staff and instructors at all times – they're doing everything they can to keep you safe and healthy.
General coronavirus guidance
For detailed information about the changes the University is making in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) – and for answers to any questions you might have about the current situation – please visit the University's Coronavirus Information page.