From what to do before you arrive, to the rules you'll need to follow once you arrive at our buildings, you'll find all the information you need to make a safe return to the University's sports facilities.
- If you’re not feeling 100%, please don’t try to sweat it out with us. Stay home until you're certain you're well.
- You must book every gym session or fitness class through our UOP Sport app (available from the App Store and Google Play) before you arrive. Currently bookings are available on the day only.
- Our water fountains will be unavailable – so fill up your water bottle before you arrive.
- Make sure you have a face covering – you should arrive at our buildings wearing one.
- Arrive ‘Workout Ready’, no more than 5 minutes before your session. Toilets and sinks will be available, but our changing areas and showers will be closed. All our lockers will be closed too.
- We know you’ll be working up a sweat, but please leave your towel at home. We’ll have plenty of paper towels and cleaning spray available for you to use.
- Please keep your face covering on until your workout starts.
- Make sure you arrive on time – late-comers won't be able to squeeze in if they miss the scheduled start time.
- One-way systems have been introduced throughout our buildings to help you to maintain social distancing. Some routes may take longer to get to your destination, but you'll need to stick to them.
- We’ve placed sanitiser stations around the facilities, which you must use before entry to your gym session, fitness class or activity.
- Please clean equipment before and after each use. Cleaning stations will be located around the gym for you to use.
- We’re restricting the number of users in all gym and exercise areas to allow you to maintain social distancing. Each area will have its own capacity, and it's vital you respect the maximum occupancy numbers.
- There will be maximum ventilation in all areas of our facilities, through opening windows and air conditioning. Please don’t close windows or touch any of the air conditioning control panels.
- All gym sessions will be 50 minutes in length, but it's important we give everyone the chance to workout – so if we're particularly busy, we might make an announcement asking you to leave our facilities so the next person can step in.
- Fitness class times may vary to avoid a crossover of members, with a 15 minute gap between classes to allow for cleaning and members leaving.
- If applicable, please bring your own yoga/pilates mat and ensure it is cleaned regularly.
- Finally, please respect our staff and instructors at all times – they're be doing everything than can to keep you safe and healthy.
If you were a member with us when we closed you should have received an email from us regarding your membership options. If you haven’t received an email yet, please email email@example.com to discuss your options before your arrival in our facilities.
We're currently focusing on getting our current members back in our facilities and will be selling new memberships soon.
Looking after your mental health
For some, this can be a worrying time and we’re keen to ensure as well as physical health you look after your mental health. Student Minds have some great advice during this difficult time, here are some tips to stay healthy.
- Create a daily routine, exercise, set meal times, time to work and time to stay in contact.
- Do things you enjoy, read, watch Netflix, or why not learn a new skill?
- Stay in touch with friends and family, phone people, Skype or Facetime.
- Keeping up to date with information can help you feel in control, but do take breaks from social media if it gets too much and listen to reputable news items (gov.uk)
- Keep up to date with the University, it can help to have a focus and it’s a great time to do some distraction-free revision.
General coronavirus guidance
For detailed information about the preparations the University is making in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) – and for answers to any questions you might have about the current situation – please visit the University's Coronavirus Information page.