Chocolate chip banana bread
Try this easy recipe
Dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free and great for breakfast (if on the go) as well as a tasty snack option. Healthy eating is easy right… it is when snacks taste this good. Let us know if you try this recipe in our Facebook group.
- 1 ¼ cup mashed bananas (roughly 3 medium ripe bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almond butter (use peanut or cashew nut butter if you prefer)
- 2 eggs (at room temp)
- ½ cup coconut flour (alternatively use self-raising, gluten-free flour)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda½ teaspoon cinnamon¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips (dairy-free ones if going dairy-free, plus a little extra for sprinkling on the top)
For best results: Use bananas with lots of brown spots (perfect way to use up those bananas we have leftover).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C)
- Line an 8×4 or 9×5 inch loaf tin with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl (with an electric mixer or handheld mixer) combine the banana, vanilla and almond butter; mix until well combined (smooth and creamy texture).
- Add in the eggs one by one, mixing until combined with the mixture for each egg. Then add the coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt – mix with a low-medium speed, until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle with a few extra chocolate chips on top. Bake for 25-35 minutes, 20-25 minutes if using self-raising gluten-free flour (until the tester inserted into the centre comes out clean).
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Then carefully invert and remove from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.